Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Terrible Weekend

I have had cupid since 1999 when my dad surprised me for Valentines Day. He has been a constant companion. Though he loves to do all kinds of tricks and ride the 4 wheelers with us, he's a rather fragile little guy. When he jumped off mom's one stair porch, and hurt his rear left paw on May 7th, we figured he had maybe fractured one of the small bones in his paw. When I took him to the vet, I was stunned to hear that he had torn his ACL and would probably not live long. We spent the weekend in tears saying goodbye to this pet who had become part of our family.

Mom insisted we get a second opinion and called all of our friends asking for vet recommendations. We found Dr. White who indicated that though Cupid had other problems besides the ACL (he had bladder stones that needed to be removed) he was confident that he could perform the surgery quickly and that cupid would survive the anesthesia!!! Surgery is set for Thursday. I went thinking I was going to have to Euthanize "Woman's best Friend" and the doctor said we can fix him!!!

No comments:

My Favorite People, Places, and things